Your 2017 gift will have a lasting impact on children's lives!
As you consider your year-end gifts, there are many options that can benefit the children and families served by Baptist Children’s Homes. Here are a few:
1. HONOR/MEMORIAL GIFTS - What better gift to give someone than to honor them with a gift that will truly make a difference in the life of a child for years to come. BCH will notify the honoree with a card and acknowledge receipt of the gift to you. Click here to make a gift.
2. CASH GIFTS - A gift of cash is an easy way to help BCH and secure a charitable deduction for 2017. Make your gift online here.
3. STOCK GIFTS - Gifts of appreciated stock may offer a better tax advantage than the gift of cash. Your investment into the life of a child through a gift of stock will be life-changing.
4. GIFTS THAT PROVIDE YOU INCOME - As you consider your year-end gifts, you may need to consider a gift that can produce income. If this option interests you, consider a charitable gift annuity or charitable remainder unitrust. A charitable gift annuity or charitable remainder unitrust can provide you with increased income, a charitable deduction, and avoidance of capital gains tax if the gift is in the form of appreciated stock.
5. REAL ESTATE GIFTS - gift of real estate provides the three-fold advantage of allowing the donor to: experience the joy of giving, receive a tax deduction, and offer a major financial gift to BCH. In recent years, BCH has received a vacation home, a primary residence, and undeveloped land.
6. LIFE INSURANCE GIFTS - Do you own a life insurance policy that is no longer needed? It would be a perfect gift for BCH.
7. DONATE YOUR VEHICLE - Are you thinking about purchasing a new vehicle? Your old vehicle would be a great gift to BCH.
8. GIVE THROUGH AMAZONSMILE - Did you know you can help children in BCH's care through the Christmas and everyday shopping you are already planning to do? Thanks to a new program from Amazon called Amazon Smile, you can! And, you can still use your current Amazon account. Sign up for AmazonSmile here.
9. IRA CHARITABLE ROLLOVER - If you are 70½ or older an IRA Charitable Rollover will lower the income and taxes from your IRA withdrawals and provide a wonderful investment in the life of a child.
For details on any of these gift options that can benefit you and Baptist Children’s Homes, please call Brenda Gray at 336-689-4442.
We thank you in advance for your investment in the life of a child. Your gift will have a lasting impact on the children and families we serve.
Thank you for offering the spirit of Christmas to “our” children 365 days a year! Remember every gift you give through January 31, 2017 will be matched up to $150,000.
This information is not intended as legal advice. Check with your accountant, tax advisor or attorney to see what the best strategy will be for your particular situation.